The wheels are also protected with an anticorrosive treatment combined with a special painting process developed for F1 that aids in providing maximum protection against corrosion with the lightest-weight surface treatment. Weather-resistance test.
Upon conclusion of thorough testing, the wheels must not display any aesthetic alterations or signs of corrosion.
- Adhesion test (DIN53151) providing information about paint thickness
- Sodium chloride solution spray test (DIN 50021) chamber saturated with airborne sodium chloride solution for 1000 hours
- CASS test (DIN 50021) chamber saturated with airborne Copper-Accelerated Acetic Acid Salt (NaCl+acetic acid+CuCl2) solution for 240 hours
- QUV test (ASTM G53-93) the wheels undergo a 700-hour-long UV light and moisture test that reproduces the deterioration caused by outdoor weather
- Chemical agents resistance test - wheel surface subjected to aggressive products; the test area’s softening level is measured