Static and dynamic tests
OZ maintains a stringent policy of Total Quality.
The pursuit of producing wheels of the highest quality, and providing unsurpassed customer satisfaction, remains at the centre of the OZ manufacturing philosophy.
- Chemical analysis on raw materials and castings
- Ultrasonic Inspection to reveal defects and impurities
- Air Tightness to identify any air leaks caused by porosity (wheel submerged in a tub of water, air enjected under 5-7 atm)
- Dye Penetrant Inspection to identify any superficial cracks or microfaults (chromatic contrast under UV light)
- Fatigue test wheel subjected to the same mechanical stress of a car driving along a bend
- LBF Biaxial Wheel Testing Machine
- Rolling test simulates the behaviour and reactions of the wheel along a straight stretch(maximum load, 100 km/h)
- Impact test (crash test) simulation of stresses that the wheel might suffer on the road
- Dimensional check to assess the dimensions, circularity and concentricity of the wheel (tolerances of a few tenths of mm)
- X-ray control